THE G|B DEFENDER USER GUIDE
Congratulations on your new G|B Defender smart safety watch! Here are all the basics you need to know to get started. So sit back, relax, and read on. We’ve got your back.
Tired of feeling uneasy when you’re walking on your own, taking a rideshare, or simply going for a jog in the park? Fear no more, because now you have the G|B Defender on your side. With the push of a button, the G|B Defender will take a video of what’s happening around you and store it in the Cloud. The G|B Defender also records your location and can even send an emergency signal with your whereabouts to your Guardian Network.
The G|B Defender also has other smartwatch functions integrated to help simplify and streamline your hectic life. It includes a camera, voice chat, video chat, voice messages, heart rate monitor, step counter, timer, calendar, and even an alarm clock. Sorry. No more excuses for oversleeping!
You knew it was coming, so here it is—the fine print. Guardian Band reserves the right to make, without prior notice, changes or amendments to the contents of this manual. Sorry for the legalese, but we had to say it.
Now on to the good stuff!
Guardian Band App Installation
Now that you have your G|B Defender Watch, install the Guardian Band App on your smartphone. The Guardian Band App is compatible with both iPhone and Android. It’s easy, and you’ve probably installed tons of Apps like it before. Just in case there is any confusion though, here are the details to download the App:
1. Make sure your phone has a strong wireless connection and download the Guardian Band App from the App Store or Google Play.
2. When you open the Guardian Band App, you will be taken to the login screen. Select “New User” and follow the instructions to set up an account.
3. Once you’ve set up your account and established your password, you will be taken to the home screen. Press the + sign in the upper left-hand corner. This will take you to the QR code reader.
4. On your watch, go to settings. The first item is QR code. Press it, and the QR code for your watch will appear. Scan it with the QR code reader on the App. Make sure that your watch's code is the first QR code you scan.
5. Fill in the required information. Giving your watch a name is VERY important, so don’t skip that step! Press the “Register Watch” button.
6. You will now be able to see the location of your watch on the map on the home page of the App. From the home page, you can manage your account information, make calls and video calls, view messages, add contacts, connect to Wi-Fi remotely for the watch, and set alarms.
7. If you want to add other users to your Guardian Network, scan the QR codes from their watches. In the event of an emergency, you will receive a notification on your App from their watch. On the home page, you will see avatars for each person in your Guardian Network. By shifting between them you can see their general information. You can add up to 5 people in your Guardian Network.
8. To add your watch to the Guardian Network of family or friends so they will be notified in the event that you have an emergency, have your family and friends download the Guardian Band App. They can then scan or enter your watch’s QR code and will be notified if you are in an emergency situation. Family and friends do not need to own a G|B Defender to be in your Guardian Network.
9. Start living your life without fear!
Tip: Hard press on items in the Guardian Band App if you need more information. For example, if you want to edit an entry in your contact list, hard press on the name and a pop-up box will appear for editing.
G|B Defender Instructions
Now that you have your G|B Defender in hand, are you wondering which button does what? How do you get to the main menu? Where exactly are the camera and microphone? No worries! Just look at the illustration and instructions below. We’ll help you figure it all out.